Saturday, August 12, 2006

I love the weekend :) I love Saturday mornings. I used to sleep in on Saturdays, but now I cannot have a good sleep knowing that somewhere out there a yardsale is happening with lots of treasures to be found!! This morning I went with Shannon and then throughout the day in my travels I stopped at a few more. Here are my finds (some from today, some from a few weeks ago)!!!

Isn't that a neat lamp? It's an oil one, and it just looked so neat there I couldn't leave it. Now I need to find a spot for it so it looks really cozy!


And this will come in handy to replace the stand we have in the kitchen that holds our phone. We've been using Shannon's for a year, and now that they have a house they are taking it with them! Hooray for yardsales and cheap replacements! It was just plain pine when I bought it, but someone had marked on it so I just painted over it. I love to paint :)


This picture doesn't really at all capture the coziness of this crate on my wall. I found the "Bless This House" can at Frenchies and this was the perfect place for it! Notice the teacup ... it's the only one I have and it's meant for a little girl, or just a really really really tiny cup of tea!!


And I am SO glad I got this lamp...actually the lady sold me 2 identical ones. When we first stopped at the yardsale a few weeks ago Shannon convinced me not to buy them. But then I drove by it again with Mom and she said it was a good buy so I snagged them. And I love them! In the evening they just make the room so homey, so cozy, so perfect!

Now if only someone would give me $1100 worth of free china ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

anne may have just saved my life. you have no idea how much i needed to laugh. who the heck is jimmy beck indeed. i wish i had the energy to blog. i would do a whole post with the title 'who the heck is jimmy beck'? i have no idea what it would be about, but it would have a great title.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home