Tonight while sorting through all my old treasures, I came across an old diary of mine...from 1989. Wowzers. Here's what I had to say at the age of 8...
January 1
Dear God, I hope you had a nice Christmas. Say happy new years to Jesus for me. Good luck in 1991.
Yup, I wished God luck in '91.
January 2
Dear God,
Today went just fine. Please fogive me for the sins I committed today.
January 3
I'm profile of the week. Please make sure that everyone passes theirs in and I get good compliments. Love in Him.
January 4
All I can say is that Kristal or Nicole is spending the night.
January 6
Sunday school, lunch, skating, playing. Please help me not fight with Anne or Shannon.
February 27
(my lovely sister stole my diary and wrote to me...)
Nice diary, Erin!
~Shannon
April 3
Today at school Sarah lied when we were playing four squar and lisa was a pane. She grabbed the ball and jumped in front of people.
My address section was nice and full with the following people's addy's:
Myself
Miss Molly Shaw
Amie S (not sure who that was!)
Amanda Best
Queen Elizabeth
Why on earth did I feel the need to keep Queen Elizabeth in my address book? I hope I never actually wrote to her. I do remember being super little and in the "future ambition" part of my memory book, I wrote that I wanted to be the queen's maid. I was so weird.
January 1
Dear God, I hope you had a nice Christmas. Say happy new years to Jesus for me. Good luck in 1991.
Yup, I wished God luck in '91.
January 2
Dear God,
Today went just fine. Please fogive me for the sins I committed today.
January 3
I'm profile of the week. Please make sure that everyone passes theirs in and I get good compliments. Love in Him.
January 4
All I can say is that Kristal or Nicole is spending the night.
January 6
Sunday school, lunch, skating, playing. Please help me not fight with Anne or Shannon.
February 27
(my lovely sister stole my diary and wrote to me...)
Nice diary, Erin!
~Shannon
April 3
Today at school Sarah lied when we were playing four squar and lisa was a pane. She grabbed the ball and jumped in front of people.
My address section was nice and full with the following people's addy's:
Myself
Miss Molly Shaw
Amie S (not sure who that was!)
Amanda Best
Queen Elizabeth
Why on earth did I feel the need to keep Queen Elizabeth in my address book? I hope I never actually wrote to her. I do remember being super little and in the "future ambition" part of my memory book, I wrote that I wanted to be the queen's maid. I was so weird.

5 Comments:
Well, I'm starting my day off to a good laugh. Love it. :)
~Shannon
www.watchthesky.wordpress.com
That was the best thing I've read in a long while :) I wish I could fin my old diary from when I was little but I know for a fact mine would not be as nice as yours...but remember, I wasn't a Christian :) I know alot of my entried were, "Dear Diary, I hate my sister, she is ugly" or "Dear Diary, my sister is fat and ugly" Seriously, that's what I used to write. I guess there was nothing else going on in my life :)
Queen Elizabeth, eh? nice!
I so totally remember those public skating afternoons between Sunday school and church. Good times, $2 a kid, Mr and Mrs. Smellie took the money at the window.
Love in Him,
~Anne
you'll never hear anything from my diaries. ever. thankfully i didn't have many and wasn't very faithful in writing.
That is fantastic...love it!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home