Monday, April 14, 2008

You'll never believe it...

But I did it folks...

I CANCELLED MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!! Yup. I woke up this morning, sat down at the computer and hit "terminate account" and felt a whole lot of relief. Here's why I did it folks:

1. Annoying. If I got one more email to join something or add an application, I was going to snap.
2. Annoying. I got so annoyed at seeing my "Christian" friends parade around in sleazy clothes, drinking, partying...all that wholesome stuff that Christians do, right?!
3. Annoying. People adding me after I had deleted them for the above reasons.
4. False feelings of close friendships. There are some people on my friends lists that I barely know of (perhaps went to grade primary with them?!) but yet they commented on all my pictures and sent me a lot of messages. Kind of weird if you ask me.
5. Annoying. I can't believe what some people are willing to add to their page. Married men with the 'daily babe' application...ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
5. Addicted. I loved looking at people's pictures and seeing where people were at these days. Spent WAY too much time looking at these pictures :)

But then I got over it and decided to stop the facebook obsession. And I'm really over it and I like it. I may just spend more time blogging, I may actually send you a good "old fashioned" email :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Annabella said...

I gave up facebook long ago. What took you so long? Seriously.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

very funny anne...

it's easy to give up facebook when you have a certain sister's account to stalk...don't you think?! :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I agree with a lot of the things you said. However, I don't think I am at that point of leaving facebook. I love it way to much for I have reunited with some friends from TO & people that I too went to highschool with.
I totally understand about "joining" groups or random people adding you to a "friends list" but it is so easy to ignore/delete!!!!
I for one will miss seeing your pictures of you & your family!
Guess I'll just have visit your blog more often :-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Don't worry Tanya, I'll add you to my ofoto album list when I send out pictures to family :)

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your decision...still can't seem to get rid of mine though. Maybe the thought crosses my mind everday...maybe. dang it. Stop doing the right thing! Gosh!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home