Shocking...
Yup, shocking. I am blogging again, two whole days in a row!! Wowzers.
So yeah, I've been up since 5am hoping that labor will start. I'm having the kind of symptoms that could mean real labor will start any minute, or perhaps in a week or two. Why can't every pregnancy just go according to some textbook, so you know exactly what to expect, and when to expect it?!
We checked out the hospital two weeks ago, so I could have a mental picture of what to expect during delivery, since every hospital is different. The best way to describe our local hospital is...well...it's a dive :) It's ooooold, and kind of scary, but the nurses seemed like they were all very nice and I was happy with the mood of the place.
I would LOVE to have a midwife and maybe even a homebirth option. I was so skeptical of all that 'hippy' stuff at first, but after witnessing it actually happening, and meeting an amazing midwife, it's not so 'hippy' anymore! Maybe someday...
And speaking of midwives and homebirths, Amy's Humble Musings had a link the other day of a group in the states trying to ban homebirths, since they are considered 'risky'. I need to read the article again, but don't you think that it's kind of strange for a group to support a women's right to abortion, but try to ban a homebirth because of the risks involved? If you don't read Amy's blog, you should subscribe. She's funny. And smart. And wise. And has cool links. You'd like her :)
So anywho, back to me and how I am feeling. Yup, this is my blog, so it's all about me :)
I made the mistake of looking at old pictures the other night. How is that a mistake, you ask?! Well, the pictures happened to be lovely ones my sisters snapped of me during labor with little D. Oh the memories came flooding back. Labor is not pretty. And I have to do it again, very soon. Oh dear. Pray for me. And while you are at it, pray for my hubby as well. He has no idea what to expect...I've told him that when a woman is in labor, take nothing she says personally. I also told him that when I say it hurts, he can't say "It can't be that bad...". I may have heard that the last week or so. All in good fun. But it's not going to be so funny when I feel like I'm dying.
Hubby is sleeping (gotta love those night shifts) and D is sleeping so I think I should also get some rest. You never know, I may need it in case labor actually does start. Pregnancy doesn't last forever, does it?! :)
And here are some pictures from 16 months ago when little D was born...

If that machine doesn't give you the heeby-jeebies...you can hear the beeping getting faster before you actually feel the contraction...and you know whats coming...and it hurts... :)

Thank you Jenn, for getting a kidney dish for me. Apparantly if you need to throw up, you need to have good aim. How on earth do they expect people to keep it all in that dish?! Thankfully I didn't have to worry about it in the end.

My doctor's very sanitary looking delivery boots :)

And it's all worth it!!
So yeah, I've been up since 5am hoping that labor will start. I'm having the kind of symptoms that could mean real labor will start any minute, or perhaps in a week or two. Why can't every pregnancy just go according to some textbook, so you know exactly what to expect, and when to expect it?!
We checked out the hospital two weeks ago, so I could have a mental picture of what to expect during delivery, since every hospital is different. The best way to describe our local hospital is...well...it's a dive :) It's ooooold, and kind of scary, but the nurses seemed like they were all very nice and I was happy with the mood of the place.
I would LOVE to have a midwife and maybe even a homebirth option. I was so skeptical of all that 'hippy' stuff at first, but after witnessing it actually happening, and meeting an amazing midwife, it's not so 'hippy' anymore! Maybe someday...
And speaking of midwives and homebirths, Amy's Humble Musings had a link the other day of a group in the states trying to ban homebirths, since they are considered 'risky'. I need to read the article again, but don't you think that it's kind of strange for a group to support a women's right to abortion, but try to ban a homebirth because of the risks involved? If you don't read Amy's blog, you should subscribe. She's funny. And smart. And wise. And has cool links. You'd like her :)
So anywho, back to me and how I am feeling. Yup, this is my blog, so it's all about me :)
I made the mistake of looking at old pictures the other night. How is that a mistake, you ask?! Well, the pictures happened to be lovely ones my sisters snapped of me during labor with little D. Oh the memories came flooding back. Labor is not pretty. And I have to do it again, very soon. Oh dear. Pray for me. And while you are at it, pray for my hubby as well. He has no idea what to expect...I've told him that when a woman is in labor, take nothing she says personally. I also told him that when I say it hurts, he can't say "It can't be that bad...". I may have heard that the last week or so. All in good fun. But it's not going to be so funny when I feel like I'm dying.
Hubby is sleeping (gotta love those night shifts) and D is sleeping so I think I should also get some rest. You never know, I may need it in case labor actually does start. Pregnancy doesn't last forever, does it?! :)
And here are some pictures from 16 months ago when little D was born...

If that machine doesn't give you the heeby-jeebies...you can hear the beeping getting faster before you actually feel the contraction...and you know whats coming...and it hurts... :)

Thank you Jenn, for getting a kidney dish for me. Apparantly if you need to throw up, you need to have good aim. How on earth do they expect people to keep it all in that dish?! Thankfully I didn't have to worry about it in the end.

My doctor's very sanitary looking delivery boots :)

And it's all worth it!!

3 Comments:
well aren't you just the little blogger these days :)
Where DO you find such flattering photos of me anyway? I don't even remember that one. And glad I could be of service with the barf dish :) wish I could be there this time too. Remember, call me when you go into labour! I hope it's tonight!! How exciting...and scary...and painful but you were a champ last time and you will be this time too.
You know I'm praying... :)
I was watching some olympic beach vball today and remembering back to when we were vball superstars...before we had children and lost the ability to play :) maybe someday we'll be able to jump again, eh?
I need to lay off the happy faces...I annoy myself...
I'm Here!!! Been praying for you. Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one. I've been asking Anne about you, and keepin' a check--since you haven't blogged in ages;0) Hang in there. It'll be over soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home