Survey for Amy

Well it's about time I sat down and did this survey for Amy's research :) This was definately a challenging survey, and made me really stop and think!!
How long have you been married?
One year and 8 months
How long did you and your spouse really know each other before you married?
We were friends for around 12 years or so, but we really got to know eachother when we were dating. We got married 10 months after we started dating.
Looking back, how prepared do you feel you were for marriage?
To be honest, I don't think I was too unprepared. I had three sisters and many friends get married before me, and I had lots of time to watch their relationships develop and learn from them. I was very excited and ready to be a wife, to take care of our home, and to support my husband. Unfortunately, my cooking skills weren't exactly ready for marriage :)
If you have kids, how long did you wait before starting your family?
We found out we were expecting about a year after we got married.
How many children do you have and what are their ages?
Our first baby is due next month :)
What challenges have you faced at this stage in your marriage?
So much has changed for us in the past few months...baby on the way, hubby gone out west for 6 months, moving...our challenge was to find QUALITY time to spend together.
If you have kids, has your relationship changed since you've added them to your family? If so, in what way(s)?
Well, baby hasn't arrived yet. But just since we found out we were expecting, I think we felt lots of responsibility sink in and we grew even closer as we made plans for our future family and how we want to raise our children.
What resources or support systems do you have that benefit your marriage?
Family. Big time. I have three great sisters and a very wise mother who are always there for us. Lots of godly wisdom to gain from them!! And thankfully we have the Bible to guide us and our decisions (we're learning to turn to that resource more and more, but still have a long way to go!).
What advice do you have for young couples contemplating marriage and starting a family?
Don't get married because you are lonely, or because you are 'in love with love.' Big mistake, and sadly I saw a few friends do that and pay the consequences. As for starting a family, let God take care of that. After all, He is pretty good at all that creation stuff :)
AND THE BIGGY......
What is/are the biggest need(s) that you have as a husband/wife at this stage in your marriage? I really don't know. Is that bad? I'll just say that we need to keep good communication going, since we are limited to a few minutes each night on the phone. We need to stay close while we are so far away from eachother!!
I hoped that helped you out Amy!
How long have you been married?
One year and 8 months
How long did you and your spouse really know each other before you married?
We were friends for around 12 years or so, but we really got to know eachother when we were dating. We got married 10 months after we started dating.
Looking back, how prepared do you feel you were for marriage?
To be honest, I don't think I was too unprepared. I had three sisters and many friends get married before me, and I had lots of time to watch their relationships develop and learn from them. I was very excited and ready to be a wife, to take care of our home, and to support my husband. Unfortunately, my cooking skills weren't exactly ready for marriage :)
If you have kids, how long did you wait before starting your family?
We found out we were expecting about a year after we got married.
How many children do you have and what are their ages?
Our first baby is due next month :)
What challenges have you faced at this stage in your marriage?
So much has changed for us in the past few months...baby on the way, hubby gone out west for 6 months, moving...our challenge was to find QUALITY time to spend together.
If you have kids, has your relationship changed since you've added them to your family? If so, in what way(s)?
Well, baby hasn't arrived yet. But just since we found out we were expecting, I think we felt lots of responsibility sink in and we grew even closer as we made plans for our future family and how we want to raise our children.
What resources or support systems do you have that benefit your marriage?
Family. Big time. I have three great sisters and a very wise mother who are always there for us. Lots of godly wisdom to gain from them!! And thankfully we have the Bible to guide us and our decisions (we're learning to turn to that resource more and more, but still have a long way to go!).
What advice do you have for young couples contemplating marriage and starting a family?
Don't get married because you are lonely, or because you are 'in love with love.' Big mistake, and sadly I saw a few friends do that and pay the consequences. As for starting a family, let God take care of that. After all, He is pretty good at all that creation stuff :)
AND THE BIGGY......
What is/are the biggest need(s) that you have as a husband/wife at this stage in your marriage? I really don't know. Is that bad? I'll just say that we need to keep good communication going, since we are limited to a few minutes each night on the phone. We need to stay close while we are so far away from eachother!!
I hoped that helped you out Amy!

5 Comments:
Really nice picture Erin. I am praying for you and for this new little blessing soon to be here
Thank you, thank you, Erin! I just posted a little more about my project on my blog, if you want to see what this research is going toward. Thank you for taking the time. I love getting answers from couples at all stages of their marriage and parenting! -Amy
Hey Erin...love reading your blog keep it up...can't wait for the new addition!
Three more weeks!!!!! So exciting! It happens so fast, one day she's not here the next she is and your whole life is changed!
I'm so excited for you, it would be sweeter if we lived closer so we could be first time mom's together, but hey, thank goodness for the internet!
Can't wait to here the news and see the pics, aren't you dying to know what she looks like?!
Hey Erin...did you ever post wedding pictures? I just love that one of you and Jonny (sorry, that name is stuck in my head, I can't bring myself to call him Jonathan). You two are a good-looking couple! :)
So, if you haven't posted them already, I think you should. :) Talk to you later!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home