I do love a good survey...
I got tagged by Charmin last weekend to do this survey, but alas I could not since I was busy at the in-laws. So here I am, ready to let the world know my answers to the following deepest of deep questions...
Aprons - Y/N? I wore one quite often at the apartment when I was baking/cooking, but it was boring and plain. I want a pretty one to wear when I have my own home again and get back in the groove of cooking.
Baking - Favorite thing to bake? Probably cookies, or apple pudding, or chocolate cake, or muffins...homemade baking is so good!
Clothesline - Y/N? Well, they aren't my favourite thing. I love the smell of clothes fresh off the clothesline, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the spiders/earwigs that get in the clothes. Hate it.
Donuts - Ever made them? Nope, and probably never will. But one should never say never.
Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday? Make the bed. Sort of tricky with shift work though. Although tomorrow is Jonathan's last shift for six months!!
Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freezer? Yup, we had a really cute little one at the apartment. It currently resides in Charmin's garage until we move.
Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yup. His name is Rod. At least he's the compost disposal. He doesn't let food go to waste around here!
Handbook - Y/N? The first thing I thought of was my calender. But it's big and on my wall so I guess it doesn't really count.
Ironing - Love it or hate it? I'm with Anne. The smell of spray starch reminds me of mom ironing dad's work shirts, watching live at five when we were younger. Good memories! I was obsessed with ironing in high school/college but have slacked off significantly in this area.
Junk Drawer - Where is it? All my drawers end up being junk drawers. But be proud of me, I sorted out a TON of stuff around here today!
Kitchen - Design and decorating? Well, we are currently invading mom's kitchen. It's country cozy, with creamy colors and an angel border, and a little sitting area by the windows, and my big clunky table taking up the middle of the floor.
Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? When all the housework is done, cinnamon on the stove making everything smell yummy, and the slow cooker has supper ready. Those are good homemaking days!
Mop - Y/N? I have one, and unfortunately it didn't get used as much as it should have.
Nylons - I am a tights kind of girl. I can't imagine wearing nylons. I know I'd have runs all over them before I stepped out the door. So tights it is. Good old black tights.
Oven - Do you use the window or open it to check? Usually both
Pizza - What do you put on yours? My favourite pizza is just cheese and sauce. I know, boring.
Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Check emails and blogs, nap, eat. There aren't many quiet moments around here.
Recipe card box - Y/N? I have a recipe binder, but it is a disaster. My goal is to have it ready and full of new recipes from mom and the sisters before the baby comes.
Style of house - Right now I am living in my dream house. We live with mom and dad, and they live in the most beautiful 200 year old white house with a veranda all the way around it.
Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? Can't say I'm in the habit of using napkins, but I do love my cozy tablecloth mom gave me at my wedding shower.
Under the kitchen sink - I hate under the kitchen sink. Compost. Garbage. Mouse trap. Cleaning stuff. Gross.
Vacuum - How many times a week? Well mom is a busy beaver who does most of the vacuuming around here. Can I use the excuse that I'm preggo and it hurts my back to vacuum? :)
Wash - How many loads do you do a week? Too many considering it's just me and Jonathan.
X's - Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? I love lists. I love to make them up so neat and tidy, and then I get overwhelmed and never get anything done on them. Can you tell I'm very productive?
Yard - Who does what? Jon mowed for us at the apartment, and Jonathan is pretty good at shovelling snow. I pick up the big sticks and move them. That's about it.
ZZZ's - What is your last homemaking task for the day? Pull the covers back and crawl in bed :)
And now it's time to to tag someone...but I don't know who all has done this already! So I'll say Kristal and Amber!
Aprons - Y/N? I wore one quite often at the apartment when I was baking/cooking, but it was boring and plain. I want a pretty one to wear when I have my own home again and get back in the groove of cooking.
Baking - Favorite thing to bake? Probably cookies, or apple pudding, or chocolate cake, or muffins...homemade baking is so good!
Clothesline - Y/N? Well, they aren't my favourite thing. I love the smell of clothes fresh off the clothesline, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the spiders/earwigs that get in the clothes. Hate it.
Donuts - Ever made them? Nope, and probably never will. But one should never say never.
Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday? Make the bed. Sort of tricky with shift work though. Although tomorrow is Jonathan's last shift for six months!!
Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freezer? Yup, we had a really cute little one at the apartment. It currently resides in Charmin's garage until we move.
Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yup. His name is Rod. At least he's the compost disposal. He doesn't let food go to waste around here!
Handbook - Y/N? The first thing I thought of was my calender. But it's big and on my wall so I guess it doesn't really count.
Ironing - Love it or hate it? I'm with Anne. The smell of spray starch reminds me of mom ironing dad's work shirts, watching live at five when we were younger. Good memories! I was obsessed with ironing in high school/college but have slacked off significantly in this area.
Junk Drawer - Where is it? All my drawers end up being junk drawers. But be proud of me, I sorted out a TON of stuff around here today!
Kitchen - Design and decorating? Well, we are currently invading mom's kitchen. It's country cozy, with creamy colors and an angel border, and a little sitting area by the windows, and my big clunky table taking up the middle of the floor.
Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? When all the housework is done, cinnamon on the stove making everything smell yummy, and the slow cooker has supper ready. Those are good homemaking days!
Mop - Y/N? I have one, and unfortunately it didn't get used as much as it should have.
Nylons - I am a tights kind of girl. I can't imagine wearing nylons. I know I'd have runs all over them before I stepped out the door. So tights it is. Good old black tights.
Oven - Do you use the window or open it to check? Usually both
Pizza - What do you put on yours? My favourite pizza is just cheese and sauce. I know, boring.
Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Check emails and blogs, nap, eat. There aren't many quiet moments around here.
Recipe card box - Y/N? I have a recipe binder, but it is a disaster. My goal is to have it ready and full of new recipes from mom and the sisters before the baby comes.
Style of house - Right now I am living in my dream house. We live with mom and dad, and they live in the most beautiful 200 year old white house with a veranda all the way around it.
Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? Can't say I'm in the habit of using napkins, but I do love my cozy tablecloth mom gave me at my wedding shower.
Under the kitchen sink - I hate under the kitchen sink. Compost. Garbage. Mouse trap. Cleaning stuff. Gross.
Vacuum - How many times a week? Well mom is a busy beaver who does most of the vacuuming around here. Can I use the excuse that I'm preggo and it hurts my back to vacuum? :)
Wash - How many loads do you do a week? Too many considering it's just me and Jonathan.
X's - Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? I love lists. I love to make them up so neat and tidy, and then I get overwhelmed and never get anything done on them. Can you tell I'm very productive?
Yard - Who does what? Jon mowed for us at the apartment, and Jonathan is pretty good at shovelling snow. I pick up the big sticks and move them. That's about it.
ZZZ's - What is your last homemaking task for the day? Pull the covers back and crawl in bed :)
And now it's time to to tag someone...but I don't know who all has done this already! So I'll say Kristal and Amber!

2 Comments:
The garbage disposal was the best answer yet. :)
you can totally use the excuse that you are preggo...all the time. and you should. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home