Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ode to Kim...

Our Awana song leader KIM WADE rules the schools. And I'll tell you why...

Tonight's Awana theme was "Funky Feet Night." The kids and leaders were told to come with the funkiest of feet, and did they ever! So this afternoon I was thinking about Kim as the song leader, wondering how she was going to come up with songs that had to do with feet. I'm not going to lie, I couldn't think of a single song that could be used.

So off to Awana I went with my funky feet (it is very hard to drive a standard with balloons attached to your sneakers!) and apparantly great minds think alike...Kim had the same funky feet idea as me :) But by the end of the night my balloons had popped (after tripping on Shannons funky elephant feet) and Kim still had a few hanging on for dear life.

Anywho...song time came along and I was so impressed! Kim had managed to find all kinds of songs that had the word 'feet' in them, or actions songs about what we do with our feet. And when those words came up the kids had to shout them as loud as they could. Not only did she find feet songs, she made them extra fun!

So thanks Kim for making the singing time extra fun, and extra funky! If I had a picture of you I'd post it so the world could see the best Awana song leader ever :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing, how our song lady always comes up with songs that fit our themes...good job Kim!! (and good work courtney who did an excellent job filling in at the piano!)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a GREAT picture of Kim in her funky feet, but it's not uploaded yet. She'll love it, I'm sure. :) She is pretty cool isn't she!?

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home