Thursday, April 05, 2007

False Alarm ... ?!

Well wasn't that a fun morning!? Not really I suppose. My water broke at 2:40am, and after calling the hospital and being advised to head in to get checked out, off we went to Kentville. We picked up Shannon on the way and after a very bumpy ride on the country highway, we arrived at the hospital.

The contractions picked up some steam, and then STOPPED. Are you kidding me? So without even checking to see if I have started to dilate or anything, they sent me on home until this evening. If I don't have the baby by the morning they'll induce me around noon. Great fun eh. So sure enough, the contractions started again in the van on the way home.

So here I sit at home, timing contractions, trying to get my hubby a flight home this weekend (all flights are sold out for tomorrow...not good)...I should probably go have a nap. But first here are a few pics taken between contractions this morning. Thought you'd enjoy :)






7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Tee hee..love your PJ's :)

What the heck is the last pic about?

Baby's a comin and we are all a waitin!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Murray's Corner said...

oh my word! doctors, check the woman if she's dilated! still call whenever it happens! even if i'm sleeping! i did actually answer the phone but the answering machine kicked in, but i listened to your msg! thanks for calling! call again smen.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Chris and Lizann said...

OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! She's coming!! Well, I am SO excited!!! I love all the pictures of you- you are just like me- I have to document EVERYTHING! I guess you want to too cuz Jon will want to see!
Anyways, GOOD LUCK! you're going to do so well- I'll be praying for you ALL day!!! Can't wait to see her- and know her name!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

So I came back because I am still trying to figure out the last pic...anyway, maybe it cracks me up just a little that at 2:30 in the mornin, you all put your make-up on before you left for the hospital. I should know that by now...I've known y'all for awhile :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

the only make up i have on is foundation...no eyes, no cheeks...can you believe it? i left the house without my face on!! the last picture is of a crazy old fashioned xray machine they had set up. i had to pose with it. we had way too much fun between contractions :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

ok, I stand corrected...please take that as a compliment that you looked pretty good at 3am whilst in false-ish labour :) I am proud of you for not putting your face on!

thanks for clearing up the old xray machine thing...i feel much better now. since I am so nosy indeed.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh my gosh!! So exciting! Can you believe you're going to meet your baby so soon? I'll bepraying for you! And if you do decide..an epideral is amazing!!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home