Ready To Pop

Well, I'm still pregnant...
So little D is 16 months old. And in that whole 16 months, I have rarely ever left her with a babysitter. Before we moved out west, my mom watched her once I think while I zipped out for a minute to a yardsale. Once I left her with my friend Tamara while I went to a doctor's appointment. My sister Anne has watched her a few times while we got groceries, and went out for dinner once. A few times I've zipped out and left her here with Jonathan. That's about it.
I'm not a big social butterfly. I don't need 'girls nights' and daytrips away from home. When I was younger, I would go shopping in the city with my mom and sisters for the day. I could not understand why my sisters couldn't just relax and enjoy the day away. They were always wondering about the kids, hoping they were okay, looking for treats to take home to them. I totally get it now. I don't want to be away from my daughter!!
And now I have a dilema.
When I go in labor, I need someone to watch D. We thought we had it all figured out. My friend L was first on the call list to come. She happens to be away this weekend camping. Hubby's co-worker D is second on the list. She happens to be working tonight, and going away tomorrow for a few days. Third on the list was Tamara, who I congratulated earlier for just having a baby. She's coming home tomorrow, and assures me that I can still drop D off at her house. I told her when the epidural wore off, she would probably take back that offer. Option #4, my next door neighbor. She's probably my age, she's a nurse, she's very nice but I do not know her beyond chatting over our fence once every few weeks.
So now I'm hoping that this baby doesn't come until Thursday night, after my mom arrives. I can just hear a certain Southern Girl (yup, you Kristy!!) saying, "Well, pray for it!!". So I shall start praying for it. And maybe you should too!!
That's all I've got. Sorry to bore you with my pregnancy woes, but it happens to be on my mind a lot these days :) I am SO excited to meet this little turkey, to know if it's a boy or girl, to get labor over with, to get skinny...yeah, like that's going to happen!
Bedtime...maybe this is my last post as a preggo?! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home