Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Looking for Suggestions...

Today the doctor confirmed that my 8 month old has excema. The poor thing has had many miserable moments, and it's all making sense now with the rash that is spreading all over her. To manage the rash and other allergy symptoms, the doctor recommended that I cut out dairy products for 2 weeks to see if that makes a difference (she's still nursing 4 times a day), and to avoid giving her any other dairy products.

Here's the dilemma...

I LOVE DAIRY PRODUCTS. It's true. Everything I eat is smothered in sour cream, or cream cheese, or milk, or cheese...EVERYTHING. I can't think of something to eat that doesn't have dairy in it.

I made taco salad for supper. And then when it was time to eat I realized that a taco salad tastes pretty awful without sour cream and cheese. So, brilliant me, decided to mix a bit of mayonnaise in it to see if that helped. (Is mayo a dairy product? I don't know). Anywho, it was disgusting and I threw it in the garbage. So a few hours later...I'm starving. Hmmmm, doesn't a cheesewhiz sandwich sound good? It did to me. No can do. Cheesewhiz has modified milk products.

So help me out people. I need ideas for something yummy to eat that doesn't have dairy in it. Any suggestions will be welcome :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Annabella said...

Cool Whip has no milk products. It's completely chemical. So, you'll get cancer but it won't bother Jennie.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

A friend of mine had a little guy with excema as well. She actually got rid of it using a natural remedy...I'll ask her what ended up working for her b/c she tried MANY different things. I'll drop you an e-mail soon!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eat chips and salsa, no dairy there! or you could always quit nursing and put her on alimentum like my allergic girls. Except don't because it costs an arm and a leg. Did she just develop it since she's been eating food? because I know some people who have to be gluten free with thier kids because of excema

5:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Jodi, I would love to hear about your friends natural remedy!!

Jenn, she had it before she started solids, only I didn't know what it was. I sure hope we don't have to go down the gluten free road!!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home