Sunday, May 03, 2009

BRF

Wowzers...I can't remember the last time I wrote a review for Book Review Friday! If you want to know what BRF is all about, hop over to my sisters blog to find out the details!

My hubby bought me a new Bible awhile ago, and I was so excited to start marking it up. I've been using his for almost 2 years now since I wanted to use a King James Version and I didn't have my own. Now I do, and I love it! Psalms 1-7 is now full of hot pink highlights :)

There are so many things that stood out to me while reading this past week. I started reading these verses in a new way after listening to Paul Washer's sermon last Sunday night. Shannon has the link over at her blog, but if you look him up on YouTube (look for the 10 Indictment sermon) you'll find him.

Since I have a million verses highlighted, I'll pick the one that stood out the most to me...

4:11 says, "Stand in awe, and sin not..."

After listening to PW's sermon last week, my hubby and I realized that we have become too comfortable in our sin. After all, we weren't 'that bad of people.' There were people living in much much much more sin than us. But we had to admit that our efforts were not good enough. God doesn't say, "try not to sin...and try not to watch shows that have swearing, and you should try not to listen to those songs that talk about sex, and try not to laugh at rude jokes...". God says, "SIN NOT." And how can I not make that effort, when I stop and think of all He did for me. I will never reach sinless perfection, but I will die trying :)

So it has been a good week for us. We've made some changes, and it's exciting to think that we are getting on the road to bringing glory to God in all that we do!

I'm out of practice with BRF, so sorry if this is a lame post. It's hard putting my thoughts into words, but I'm sure it will get easier each week! Now I'm off to read other reviews!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Annabella said...

Great review. I feel like I always say 'Great review'. I mean it, though.

I liked 'I will never reach sinless perfection, but I will die trying.'

7:03 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

No lameness here. Most excellent. Or as Anne would say, "Great review."

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review ;)

seriously though, nothing wrong with a review like that!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home