Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Al

Today is my sister Anne Fran's birthday. Too bad I didn't send her present yet. I've had it for so long, but procrastination does run in my family. Well, not with my parents. Not sure where we all got it from!
The picture is us at the Brier final in Edmonton, I think in March 2005. It was such a fun weekend! Anne called me on a Saturday evening and said, "Can you get to Edmonton? I have tickets to the Brier final!!"
We don't care if you call us nerds...our family loves to watch curling. Especially when a guy from Berwick that our family knows is on the team!! We had been watching it all weekend on tv, and when Anne called with tickets, panic completely set in!!!
I had to work the next morning at church so I couldn't leave any earlier then Sunday morning, and the game was for Sunday evening. So I called my boyfriend Jonathan Coote and asked him if he wanted to go.
Believe it or not he said yes! He got in his car and drove five hours to Lethbridge that night. The next morning after Sunday School we got in the car and drove five more hours to Edmonton, met Anne at her house, got some signs ready, and headed to Rexall Place.
The way there was SO fun! We met up with other Nova fans on the subway and cheered and got all fired up. Our tickets were for the nosebleed section, and needless to say they weren't the best seats. So brave old Anne marched down to the front row section where there was a bunch of empty seats and asked around to see if anyone was sitting there. A guy said they were his company seats and no one else was coming so we could help ourselves. We got to watch the Brier from the front row, and managed to get on tv!! Above the Strauss sign is Anne in the purple and white, and me beside her holding the "Hi Berwick" sign :)
After the game, Jonathan and I drove back to Lethbridge, and then he got up the next morning and drove five hours back to Caronport so he could get to work on time. What a trooper, and what a fun memory :)
Thanks for listening. I like telling stories :)
Anyways, happy birthday Al!!! I miss you and hope you have a fantabulous day doing absolutely nothing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home