Monday, September 18, 2006

Loving Fall ...


I love the fall!!
I can't wait for the big bags of apples to be for sale on the side of the road so I can make apple sauce, apple pie, apple pudding...mmmmm...can't wait!! I've been craving big juicy crunchy apples lately :)
So I had a 'moment' in Sunday School yesterday...I wish I was good with words and that I could capture exactly what I realized/felt yesterday. I'll give it my best shot...
So we were singing some songs that we have sung a million times over the years at Weston. During one of the songs, "All in All" I actually stopped to think about the words I was singing. If I'm not even paying attention to the words, how can I say I'm singing praises to God?
"You are my strength when I am weak,
You are the treasure that I seek,
You are my all in all.
Seeking you as a precious jewel,
Lord to give up I'd be a fool,
You are my all in all."
It was that second last line that got me...there are so many days when I feel spiritually defeated. I have so much to learn, so far to go, and I get so overwhelmed that I don't know where to start. But when I thought of all those days where I gave up, where I didn't do my devotions, where I stopped seeking the Lord...
I WAS A FOOL!
What crazy person gives up the chance to grow closer to God Almighty?
And then we sang "It is Well" and once again I could not for the life of me sing the last verse because the tears were threatening to spill over.
"And Lord haste the day when the faith shall be sight.
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll.
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
Even so it is well with my soul."
How exciting is the thought of Jesus coming back...what a sight it will be!!!
I probably haven't said things the way that I am thinking them, but thanks for reading my ramblings. I don't plan on being a fool today...and I'm so glad that Jesus loves me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Very well said!!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Okay, after reading that I'm ready to charge hell with a squirt gun! :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What an encouragement you are, Erin. I 've had many "fool" days in the past and I'm trying really hard to overcome them. Thank you!

(When I first started reading your post, I was just hoping your "moment" in Sunday School yesterday didn't involve another puddle on the floor!--We'll try again next week to get him to come in)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

When we get to that last line, I always sing "when MY faith shall be sight". I was having trouble getting through the songs yesterday, too. Good thing I'm at the piano. I don't think anyone can see me with my quivering chin. : )

9:18 AM  
Blogger Amba said...

Erin,
I loved that, tks for more than u know :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home