Sunday, April 08, 2007

Introducing the Newest Coote...

She's here!! I'm sure you've heard about it, but in case you haven't...our baby has arrived!!!

Dorey Arosa Coote arrived on Friday morning, at 8:20am. She weighed in at a hefty 6lb 5oz and had lots of pretty dark hair. A huge thank you to my fan club who had a long few days at the hospital waiting for something to happen. And a mega huge thank you to Charmin, who was a great labour coach. I don't think I would have made it if she hadn't breathed through every contraction with me, letting me squeeze her hands off, and talking me through it all.

Jonathan made it home around 5pm Friday evening, and this picture is of Daddy meeting his baby girl for the first time!! It was a very precious moment :)

Our first family photo...
Totally impressed with this new world...
Pretty in pink...
Ready to head home!!!

We have to leave in an hour to take Jonathan back to the airport. The visit was way too short, but we are very thankful that he was able to make it home to meet Dorey. And thanks to the big storm and a flight delay, we get an extra few hours with him!!

I'm off to snuggle my hubby and baby for one last hour...there will be more pictures up probably tomorrow!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

What great pictures! I can't wait to see the other thousand or so that you've taken so far. She is a cutie.

(And you're welcome. It was quite an experience!)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me and chloe just looked at your pics and we can't believe how much we love dorey already! when we are no longer coughing up a lung, we want to snuggle her up good :)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pretty in pink picture!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Taryn said...

can't wait to meet the newest coote...I hope to make a trip down after exams...

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erin,
Those are awesome pics!! Dorey is SO BEAUTIFUL :) I just want to hold her n hug her n give her a kiss :) U n' Jon look sooo happy Congratulations!! I'm so glad Jon got made it home for even a short time... Oh, And keep the pics comin' :)Feel free to email all of the ones you've taken so far ;) Love you,
Amber

5:12 PM  
Blogger Murray's Corner said...

She is so precious! I love all her feathers!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Chris and Lizann said...

She's gorgeous you guys!! hey and funny thing, this week before she was born, i thought to myself "wouldn't that be cute if they name her Dorey"- and look at that!! I'm so smart! Anyways, i'm thinking of you both and am just so excited for you!! and Erin, you are just gorgeous! If i can look half as good one day in labor, and after having a baby i'd be happy- Jon, you've got quite the catch!

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We all love the pretty in pink photo - the color suits her so sweetly!
The Lohnes gang

5:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She is just beautiful Erin. Now I am soooo hoping this wee one I'm carrying is another girl. No one is seeing a pic of me right after childbirth though.
We all can't look as good as you in the L&D room!!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin! She is so beautiful, but we didn't expect any less from the two of you :) We are so happy for the both of you and can't wait to meet your baby girl! Say "hello" from us to Jonathan - Brian sure is missing him with the golf season approaching...

4:40 PM  
Blogger Chris and Lizann said...

Come on!! Post more pictures of that baby!!! What do you think that you're busy or something?? Just kidding. Hope everything is going well!! ~Lizann

1:59 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a cutie! Awww...she's perfect. Congratulations you two!!!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulation on the new baby. I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled on your blog. My interest is alway piqued when it is from Nova Scotia. It was doublely piqued when I saw that your husband is at Depot. My husband is a Mountie, we are posted in Chester. I think I'll check back often to see how you are doing....you will be in my prayers.

In Him
Shari

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home