Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BRF Catch Up...

I'm so behind on my reviews!! The readings have all been done on time (okay...except for one day!) but I have been slack in sitting down to type out some thoughts. So here she be!

Since I'm two reviews behind, I'll pick out some thoughts from the past two weeks of readings. And I promise to be on time this Friday!

I love how so many songs popped in my head as I was reading. Unfortunately, I got distracted with humming along, and forgot to focus on reading. I'd be done the chapter, and realize that I had to re-read it to find out what the rest of it said :)

"Help, Lord; for the godly mad ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things..." Psalm 12:1-3

Ummmm...those verses seem to sum up what is happening today. Speaking vanity, flattering lips, double heart. Yup, sounds just about right. Accountability has gone down the tubes, and instead, we pat eachother on the back and say "you're not that bad, it's not that bad, there are much worse things out there..." Scary.

Psalm 16:8 says, "I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." I tend to think quite literally. I picture Jesus walking two steps ahead of me, or by my right side, looking over my shoulder at all my thoughts and actions. If I keep this picture in mind, you would think that I would always think pure thoughts, not watch things that do not 100% glorify God, listen to things that edify and exalt Him. And I guess I also picture Jesus, being those 2 steps ahead, preparing me for the days to come since he has gone before me and knows what I am about to face. Does that make sense?

I have lots more sections that I highlighted, but lots of them are because I questions. Like, what is a buckler? :)

Good idea watchthesky for picking the Psalms. I'm loving it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing a review. Good stuff whether it's late or not.
Isn't buckler a stronghold or fortress or something? I forget exactly... and I even looked it up.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Annabella said...

I totally forgot about buckler! I remember making a note to try and remind myself to look it up!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nice review. I don't know what a Buckler is either!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home