Saturday, July 25, 2009

Small Town Life






So I am home on vacation and loving every second of it. I have missed being in the 'Promised Land', and it feels good to be on this soil.

Life is different here. People are different. And I love that.

Myself, along with my 2 sister-in-laws, were SO excited to visit a local store here called "Primitives." Two of us live out west, where country crafty stuff is not popular. When I tell people out there I like country, they instantly think of baby blue, geese, and toll paint. That's not what I'm talking about people!!

Last year we were tickled pink with the treasures we found in this cozy store, and have been dreaming ever since of the day we could return.

Yesterday we got that chance!! We tried calling first, but the number wasn't listed. So we just hopped in the truck and headed over there! Hmmm....we could see the doors open on the barn where the store was, but it didn't look right...

Oh no! Primitives is no longer in operation!! A nice man was working away in the barn and I'm sure he thought we were crazy. Amy pushed me in and I started gushing about how much we loved the store and how sad we were that it wasn't there anymore. The baffled man went in the house 'to get his wife...' and probably to contemplate calling the cops.

His wife heard that there was some crazy girl from Saskatchewan out there, so she came out to see us. She remembered us from last year! Anywho, nope, no store in her barn anymore. Thankfully she still makes her crafts though, and sells them that the market in town! She let us buy a few things and then we promised we'd see her at the market.

So yup, off to the market we went. And we weren't disappointed! She has such great stuff, made with such thoughtfulness. The pieces have stories behind them which makes them even more special. Amber had the great idea that she should put where she got the materials on tags with the crafts. Good thinking Amber!
We love her backyard...if she sees some strange people sipping iced tea out there, it's just us.

If you get a chance, check out her blog!

She's a wonderful lady, and we hope she considers setting up her shop again :) Even if it's just once a year before we come home to visit!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane and Kristy Davis said...

So funny that you all still got to buy things.
Have a great time on your holiday:) Hope to see you at the tent meeting.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home